Tenant Fees & Charges
Fees applying to all new tenancies from 1st June 2019
We may charge a tenant any or all of the following when required:
- the rent;
- a security deposit with a maximum of 5 weeks rent, or 6 weeks on a property with rent over £50,000 per year;
- a holding deposit of no more than one weeks’ rent;
- default fee for late payment of rent (after 14 days);
- reasonable charges for lost keys or security fobs;
- payments associated with contract variation, at £50 or reasonable costs incurred if higher, when requested by the tenant;
- payments associated with early termination of the tenancy, when requested by the tenant; and
- payments in respect of bills - utilities, communication services, TV licence, council tax and green deal or other energy efficiency charges.
Fees applying to all pre-existing tenancies entered before 1st June 2019
We shall continue to apply the charges within the existing tenancy agreement until 31st May 2020.
All fees are inclusive of VAT unless otherwise stated.
FEES (inclusive of VAT)
- Fee for the Change of Occupant, Contract Variation or Novation at the tenant's request : £50
- Default fee for Lost Key or any other equivalent security devices : You will be charged the actual cost of replacement. Evidence in writing will be provided to demonstrate the costs of the replacement.
- Default fee for Rent Arrears : You will be charged interest for late payment of rent when your rent payment has been outstanding for over 14 days (from the date set out in your tenancy agreement) which is 3% above the Bank of England's base rate for each day that the payment has been outstanding.
HYDE PARK AGENCIES IS A MEMBER OF THE CLIENT MONEY PROTECTION SCHEME - CMProtect Membership No: CMP003934
HYDE PARK AGENCIES IS ALSO A MEMBER OF THE PROPERTY OMBUDSMAN (TPO) - Registration number: E901